Playing sports at Country Day is fun. Every member of every team is a contributor and some are leaders.
- Boys & Girls Golf (YCST)
- Boys Soccer (YCDS)
- Girls Soccer (YCDS)
- Girls Field Hockey (YCDS)
- Football (YCST)
- Girls Volleyball (YCST)
- Boys & Girls Cross Country (YCST)
- Boys Basketball
- Girls Basketball (YCDS)
- Wrestling (YCST)
- Winter Track & Field (YCST)
- Boys Tennis (YCDS)
- Track & Field (YCST)
- Girls Softball (YCST)
- Boys Baseball (YCST)
York Country Day School has an athletic partnership with York County School of Technology that allows us to offer a full range of PIAA interscholastic athletic opportunities.
YCDS – York Country Day School
YCST – York County School of Technology
Middle School Sports
- Boys Soccer
- Boys and Girls MS Cross Country
- Girls Basketball
- Boys Basketball
The middle school sports program offers our students a chance to be involved in athletics at Country Day alongside their involvement with recreation or club sports programs. We encourage our students to be involved in athletic teams at Country Day as well as those at the recreation or club level so that they can build skills and foster new friendships. We also remind our students that playing for County Day athletics is about having fun and not about winning or losing. Being involved with the sports teams at Country Day will help our students build respect, honesty, and character.
The York Country Day Athletics program provides learning opportunities to help envision and achieve tangible goals. As a way to support and sustain academic success, we believe in the value of the experience of being a member of a team and the leader of a group. The primary goal of interscholastic athletics at York Country Day is to support the mission of the School by providing students with opportunities that will lead to their academic success and personal development, as well as teaching the importance of participation and skill building. We have students here who love to play their sport and relish the team atmosphere as well as those for whom their sport participation is an important part of their college portfolio.
York Country Day Athletic Department Principles
- The York Country Day Athletic Department is dedicated to the following principles:
· Develop a full commitment to your team and teammates on and off the field
· Develop the courage to take risks
· Promote the enjoyment of athletics
· Promote honesty, integrity and fair play
· Promote respect for coaches, officials, competitors and oneself
· Develop responsibility and accountability for one’s own actions
· Develop time management skills
· Encourage graciousness in defeat and humility in victory
· Develop individual talents to their fullest potential
· Teach the importance of consistent preparation as a component of successful performance
· Teach the importance of nutrition and physical conditioning
York Country Day School (YCDS) and York Country School of Technology (YCST) entered into an athletic partnership in the fall of 2010.
The objective of the athletic partnership is to provide every student athlete a chance to participate in a competitive varsity or junior varsity athletic team. Between YCST & YCDS, we offer nineteen varsity sports.
Participation in the athletic partnership is important. We expect all of our students to compete and succeed in interscholastic athletics and this partnership insures every student the opportunity to play his or her sport of choice. If we have enough student athletes participating, we will form a junior varsity team alongside the varsity team. This opportunity will give the student athletes confidence, growth and the excellent coaching they need to excel.
Practice & Game Schedule
York Country Day School practice and game schedule can be found at:
Director of Athletics