During this one day, three-hour session, students will gain a better understanding of the following:
· How colleges and universities make their decisions
· What information and materials are required for the application(s)
· Standardized testing and how testing is utilized, as well as test prep options (free and fee-based)
· Test-optional schools and how that works
· Effective communication of YOUR story
· Researching best institutions
· Making effective visits and getting the most out of your travels to campuses
· Gaining confidence
· Strategizing your timeline to success
· Understanding the basics of financial aid and affordability
· Deciding where to apply
Mr. Jake Doll, Director of College Counseling at York Country Day School, will present information on the topics listed above and more. He has more than a dozen years of experience on the college admission side, and has been counseling students at YCDS since 2012. Consider joining him and other interested students for three hours of information with tangible take-aways and fun along the way! We hope you will join us and gain an edge in your process.
For questions regarding this session, contact Jake Doll at firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule:Saturday, October 12, 2019 from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
A minimum of 8 students must be registered for this class.