York Country Day School, an independent college preparatory school in York, Pennsylvania, is seeking a Part-Time Lower School Music Teacher to begin immediately. The ideal candidate will have a thorough background in vocal and instrumental music and is passionate about teaching young children, has strong instructional and classroom-management skills, experience collaborating closely with colleagues and parents, and capable of creating an environment that fosters a love of learning. YCDS seeks a positive, energetic, student-centered educator with experience working with students of all levels of accomplishment.
The YCDS faculty is innovative and collaborative and we seek candidates to complement the strengths of our program and to add his or her own expertise and background to provide additional breadth to the core curriculum.
The Lower School Music Teacher will be responsible for teaching students ages 3 to 11 years old. The YCDS music program approaches learning music through joyful, engaging, hands-on participation in creating and performing both vocal and instrumental music.
The following are specific teaching and coordinating responsibilities associated with this position:
- Teach Preschool (3-year olds) through grade five general music classes (with a possibility for teaching some Middle School classes, depending on experience and interest)
- Develop curricula and implement lessons that incorporate a range of learning approaches and differentiation opportunities to excite and engage students, paying particular attention to the importance of multicultural approaches
- Create a student-centered classroom environment with a positive approach to discipline
- Prepare students and coordinating various performances/assemblies/shows throughout the year
- Collaborate with classroom and specialist teachers in order to continually search for innovative ways to educate the whole child
- Keep anecdotal and assessment records to inform thoughtful, comprehensive reports and ongoing parent communication
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Music in Music, Music Education or Performance
- A Master's degree or another advanced degree is preferable
- Have at least five years of experience teaching general and vocal music to elementary school children
- Experience integrating technology and applying 21st century learning within the classroom
- A collaborative mindset and commitment to professional growth and personal development
York College of Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For a copy of York College's Annual Security Report, you may contact the Office of Campus Safety or visit the website: Annual Security Report
Interested candidates should electronically submit a resume, cover letter and contact information for three references.
Review of applications will begin immediately. While applications will be accepted until all positions are filled, for full consideration, applications should be received by December 10, 2019.
Please use the following link to apply for the position: