Founded in 1953, York Country Day School is a progressive, independent, college preparatory school in York, PA serving students in pre-K through twelfth grade. York Country Day School inspires and nurtures the innovative and creative spirit of students as they pursue their intellectual promise, as well as social and civic passions. Students at York Country Day School are known and valued as integral members of an engaging community. YCDS is an affiliate of York College of PA and a member of the National Association of Independent Schools.
York Country Day School seeks an experienced and innovative full-time fifth-grade teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. The ideal candidate is passionate about teaching young children, knowledgeable of childhood cognitive developmental needs and appropriate practices, well-versed in child-centered learning, and capable of creating an environment that fosters a love of learning. The individual selected will be expected to motivate, assess, engage and develop student learning while managing the routine daily activities for fifth-grade students.
The YCDS faculty is innovative and collaborative and we seek candidates to complement the strengths of our program and to add his or her own expertise and background to provide additional breadth to the core curriculum.
A strong candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor degree with a major in elementary education.
- Master's degree with a major in elementary education.
- Minimum of five years teaching experience preferred in elementary grades.
- A collaborative mindset and commitment to professional growth and personal development.
- Experience with differentiated instruction and appreciation of each child as an individual with diverse needs.
- Experience with distance learning and Google Classroom.
- Experience integrating technology and applying 21st-century learning within the classroom.
- Knowledge of and experience with STEAM/STEM learning experiences for students.
York College of Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For a copy of York College's Annual Security Report, you may contact the Office of Campus Safety or visit the website: Annual Security Report
Interested candidates should electronically submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications should be received by July 14, 2020.