Last modified: January 19, 2024
York Country Day School (“YCDS” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to
protecting it through our compliance with this Website Privacy Statement (this “Privacy
Statement” or “Statement”). This Statement describes the types of information we may collect
from you or that you may provide when you visit the Website www.ycds.org
domains (our “Websites”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and
disclosing that information.
This Statement applies to information we collect:
● On the Websites.
● In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Websites.
● Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Websites, which
provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Websites.
It does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on
any other websites operated by third parties, including through any application or content that
may link to or be accessible from or on the Websites which are not otherwise operated or
controlled by YCDS. For instance, we work with various vendors regularly or on a periodic
basis. Please visit the websites below to view the privacy policies/statements for certain vendors.
New vendors that YCDS work with and vendors that we no longer work with will be added and
removed without notice.
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding
your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices,
your choice is not to use our Websites. By accessing or using the Websites, you agree to this
Privacy Statement. This Statement may change from time to time (see the section titled Changes to Our Privacy Statement). Your continued use of the Websites after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check this Privacy Statement periodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Websites are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may
provide any information to or on the Websites. We do not knowingly collect personal
information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information
on the Websites or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received
personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will
delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child
under 16, please contact us as set forth in the section titled Contact Information below.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites, including
● By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address,
telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or
offline (“personal information”);
● That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
● About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites, and usage
We collect this information:
● Directly from you when you provide it to us.
● Automatically as you navigate through the Websites. Information collected automatically
may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web
beacons, and other tracking technologies.
● From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Websites may include:
● Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes
information provided at the time of registering to use our Websites, subscribing to our
service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for
information when you report a problem with our Websites.
● Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
● Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
● Details of transactions you conduct through our Websites. You may be required to
provide financial information before placing an order or entering into a transaction
through our Websites.
● Your search queries on the Websites.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection
technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns,
● Details of your visits to our Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other
communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites.
● Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address,
operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time
and across third-party Websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain
it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
It helps us to improve our Websites’ performance and to deliver a better and more personalized
service, including by enabling us to:
● Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
● Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites
according to your individual interests.
● Speed up your searches.
● Recognize you when you return to our Websites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
● Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your
computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting
on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain
parts of our Websites. Unless you have adjusted your browser setting so that it will refuse
cookies, our system will issue cookies when you direct your browser to our Websites. For
● Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Websites may use local stored objects (or Flash
cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from,
and on our Websites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are
used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security
settings for Flash cookies, see the section titled Choices About How We Use and
Disclose Your Information.
● Web Beacons. Pages of our Websites and our emails may contain small electronic files
known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that
permit YCDS, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an
email and for other related Websites statistics (for example, recording the popularity of
certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal
● To present our Websites and their content to you.
● To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
● To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
● To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal
● To conduct our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into
between you and us, including for billing and collection.
● To notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or
provide through it.
● To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites.
● In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
● For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of
interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user
preferences in your account profile. For more information, see the section titled Choices About
How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify
any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Privacy
● To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
● To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business
and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential
and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
● To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring,
reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of YCDS’s assets,
whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in
which personal information held by YCDS about our Websites users is among the assets
● To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
● For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
● With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
● To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any
government or regulatory request.
● To enforce or apply our other policies and other agreements, including for billing and
● If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or
safety of York Country Day School, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We
have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
● Tracking Technologies. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies,
that some parts of this site may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
● Promotional Offers from YCDS. If you do not wish to have your contact information
used by YCDS to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out
by logging into the Websites and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile,
where an account profile is provided by us, by checking or unchecking the relevant
boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we
have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted
from future email distributions.
● Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that
you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience
preferences, you can opt out by logging into the Websites and adjusting your user
preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by
Data Protection Rights
YCDS would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every
user is entitled to the following:
● The right to access - You have the right to request YCDS for copies of your personal
data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
● The right to rectification - You have the right to request that YCDS correct any
information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request YCDS to
complete information you believe is incomplete.
● The right to erasure - You have the right to request that YCDS erase your personal data,
under certain conditions.
● The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that YCDS restrict the
processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
● The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to YCDS’s processing
of your personal data, under certain conditions.
● The right to data portability - You have the right to request that YCDS transfer the data
that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth in the section titled Contact Information below
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental
loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or
where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are
responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with
anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Websites
like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Websites.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security
of your personal information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of personal
information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings
or security measures contained on the Websites.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
We post any changes we make to our Privacy Statement on this page with a notice that the
Privacy Statement has been updated on the home page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you through a notice on the Websites’ home page. The date the Privacy Statement was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Websites and this Privacy Statement to check for any changes.
To ask questions, comment, or make a complaint about this Privacy Statement and our privacy
practices, contact us at:
York Country Day School
1000 Indian Rock Dam Road
York, PA 17403